Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Anna Wintour’s Diet: The 3 Foods She Reportedly Wants Nowhere Near Her Plate

Anna Wintour’s Diet: The 3 Foods She Reportedly Wants Nowhere Near Her Plate

HOOK: Anna Wintour has spent decades deciding what’s hot, what’s not, who gets invited, and who might find themselves standing outside the velvet rope. But apparently, the guest list isn’t the only thing with restrictions. Baby, the FOOD has rules too! πŸ˜‚

When you think about Anna Wintour, you probably think about Vogue, fashion shows, designer clothes, dark sunglasses and, of course, the Met Gala. You probably don't immediately think, “I wonder what Anna is having for lunch?”

Well, now I do.

Because once I started reading about Anna Wintour’s reported eating habits, I realized her plate may be almost as carefully edited as a fashion magazine.

And three ingredients in particular apparently need not apply:

Garlic. Onions. Chives.

Yes, honey.

The fashion industry may believe in taking risks, but apparently we are NOT taking risks with the breath! πŸ˜‚

Garlic, You’re Not Getting Past Security

Anna Wintour has publicly acknowledged that she isn't a fan of garlic, onions or chives, and these ingredients have famously been associated with the Met Gala’s food restrictions.

I have questions.

Because garlic is not just an ingredient in my world. Garlic is a lifestyle.

You mean to tell me you can sit through a four-hour fashion event wearing an outfit that looks like a chandelier fell on you, but a little garlic is where we draw the line?

I am screaming.

Imagine garlic showing up at the Met Gala entrance.

“Name?”

“Garlic.”

The security guard looks down at the clipboard.

“I’m sorry. You’re not on the list.”

Garlic says, “But I came with BeyoncΓ©!”

Security: “Doesn't matter. Anna said NO.”

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And Onions Got Banned Too?

Now let's talk about onions.

Onions are everywhere.

They're in soups. They're in sauces. They're on sandwiches. They're mixed into salads. They're hiding in dishes you didn't even realize had onions.

But apparently, if you're cooking for Anna, you better check that recipe twice.

No onions.

I can imagine some nervous chef standing in a kitchen whispering:

“Did anybody put onions in that?”

Everybody freezes.

The music stops.

Somebody drops a spoon.

“WHO PUT ONIONS IN THE SAUCE?!”

Now you've got 14 chefs trying to remake dinner before Anna walks through the door wearing those sunglasses.

That's the kind of unnecessary drama I need in my reality television.

Forget The Real Housewives.

Give me The Real Chefs of the Met Gala Kitchen.

Episode One: Somebody Chopped an Onion.

Chives Didn't Survive Either

And then we have chives.

Poor little chives.

Chives weren't bothering anybody!

They're sitting quietly on top of a baked potato trying to look cute.

Anna apparently said, “Not on my watch.”

The chives are probably outside with garlic and onions forming a support group.

“We were rejected by Vogue.”

πŸ˜‚

But there may actually be a practical explanation behind some of these preferences. Foods with strong smells aren't necessarily ideal when you're attending an extremely glamorous event where people are talking closely, posing for photographs and socializing for hours.

So while I'm having fun with this, I can understand why garlic and onions might not exactly be the stars of a major fashion dinner.

So What DOES Anna Wintour Eat?

This is where things get interesting.

Reports about Wintour's routine over the years have described a surprisingly straightforward diet.

One reported breakfast combination has been a whole-milk latte and a blueberry muffin.

Now THAT surprised me.

I was expecting somebody to tell me Anna wakes up at 5:00 a.m. and eats three imported berries while reading Vogue Paris.

Nope.

A blueberry muffin?

Anna, we finally have something to discuss!

Pass me one.

For lunch, one of her most famous reported meals has been steak with a Caprese-style salad — without the tomatoes.

Wait.

Hold on.

A Caprese salad without tomatoes?

Now we have entered fashion territory.

Because a traditional Caprese salad is built around tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.

Taking the tomatoes away is like saying:

“I'd like a cheeseburger, but hold the burger.”

πŸ˜‚

But Anna Wintour has never built a career around doing things exactly the way everybody else does them, so maybe even her salad needed an edit.

“Tomatoes? That's so last season.”

Dinner Sounds Surprisingly Normal

Reported dinner choices have included foods such as grilled fish and pasta, including carbonara.

And that's where I started thinking: Anna's reported eating habits don't sound nearly as extreme as some celebrity diets.

There's protein.

There's pasta.

There's dairy.

There's a muffin.

This isn't one of those celebrity routines where somebody claims they survive on lemon water, six almonds and positive thinking.

Thank goodness.

Because every time I hear one of those diets, I get hungry just reading it.

But What About Dessert?

The late AndrΓ© Leon Talley reportedly said he had never seen Anna eat dessert.

NEVER?

Now that's where Anna and I may have to part ways.

You can take the onions.

You can take the chives.

You can even tell garlic that tonight isn't its night.

But don't start playing around with my cake.

If I've been sitting through the Met Gala watching somebody walk by dressed as a 12-foot flower arrangement, I deserve dessert afterward.

Bring me the cheesecake.

Matter of fact, bring me two forks.

Actually, forget the second fork. πŸ˜‚

Is This Really a “Diet”?

I wouldn't necessarily call Anna Wintour's eating habits a formal diet plan.

There isn't an official “Anna Wintour Diet” telling people to eat certain foods, count calories or follow a particular program.

What we really have are reported food preferences and routines that have been discussed through interviews, biographies and people who have spent time around her.

That's an important distinction.

And please don't start throwing your garlic in the garbage because Anna Wintour doesn't like it.

Garlic did nothing to you!

Your personal nutrition needs should be based on your own health, preferences and professional medical advice—not what a celebrity reportedly orders for lunch.

The Reality Rundown Verdict

The funniest thing about this whole story is how perfectly specific it feels.

Anna Wintour has spent decades cultivating an image built around precision, consistency and knowing exactly what she likes.

So why wouldn't her food preferences be equally specific?

Garlic? No.

Onions? No.

Chives? Absolutely not.

Blueberry muffin? Come on in.

Steak? You may enter.

Pasta? Welcome to the party.

Dessert? Security will escort you from the building.

πŸ˜‚

And somewhere outside the Met Gala, garlic, onions, chives and a slice of chocolate cake are standing together wondering where it all went wrong.

YOUR TURN!

Could YOU survive a week eating like Anna Wintour?

And which one would be hardest for you to give up: garlic, onions or chives?

I'm picking garlic. I need seasoning in my life!

Drop your answer in the comments, share this post with your fashion-loving friends, and tell me what celebrity diet or strange food habit I should investigate next.

Because apparently the fashion world isn't just serving LOOKS.

It's serving dinner too.

And somebody better tell the onions they didn't make the guest list. πŸ˜‚πŸ½️πŸ‘“

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna Wintour’s Diet: The 3 Foods She Reportedly Wants Nowhere Near Her Plate

Anna Wintour’s Diet: The 3 Foods She Reportedly Wants Nowhere Near Her Plate HOOK: Anna Wintour has spent decades deciding wha...