Carole Radziwill Calls Jessel Taank a DINGBAT?! RHONY Just Got Messy ππ
Baby, somebody polish the apples because The Real Housewives of New York City finally gave us something to TALK ABOUT!
Carole Radziwill and Jessel Taank had a conversation that went from uncomfortable to shady to downright hilarious when Carole basically decided that Jessel wasn't necessarily being mean—she was just giving DINGBAT VIBES.
DINGBAT?!
Not stupid. Not evil. Not malicious.
Dingbat.
That is such an old-school read that I almost fell out of my chair. π
Carole didn't need to scream. She didn't need to throw a drink. She didn't need security standing between them.
She basically looked at Jessel and said, Ma'am, I don't think you're trying to be horrible. I just don't think you know what you're talking about.
And somehow that might be WORSE.
How Did We Get Here?
The drama centers around Jessel's conversation with Carole about Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy.
Now this was already dangerous territory.
Carolyn wasn't simply some famous fashion icon Carole had read about in a magazine. Carole had a personal connection to that family. Carole's late husband, Anthony Radziwill, was John F. Kennedy Jr.'s cousin, and Carole knew John and Carolyn personally.
So when Jessel started asking questions about Carolyn, including whether she was a "bitch," you could almost see Carole thinking:
Where is this interview going?!
Then came the discussion about Carolyn's fashion influence and the idea of a Kennedy "curse."
Oh, Jessel.
READ THE ROOM!
There are conversations you have over cocktails with your friends, and then there are conversations where you realize the woman sitting across from you actually KNEW the people you're casually gossiping about.
That's when you put the cocktail down.
Carole Wasn't Feeling It
Carole clearly wasn't impressed with how Jessel approached the subject.
But what made the confrontation so funny was that Carole didn't frame Jessel as some evil mastermind.
No.
She basically gave us:
"I'm not getting mean-girl vibes. I'm getting dingbat vibes."
SCREAMING!
That's almost worse because how do you defend yourself against being called a dingbat?
If somebody calls you mean, you can say:
"I'm not mean!"
If somebody calls you a liar:
"I'm telling the truth!"
But if somebody says you're giving dingbat vibes?
What are you supposed to say?
"Excuse me! I am a highly organized dingbat!"
πππ
Was Jessel Being Messy or Just Curious?
Now, I'm going to give Jessel a tiny bit of grace.
A TINY BIT.
Because I understand why she was curious.
Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy remains a huge fashion reference decades after her death. Her minimalist style is constantly rediscovered by younger generations. People talk about her outfits, marriage, personality and relationship with John.
So if you're sitting beside someone who actually knew Carolyn personally, naturally you're going to have questions.
But there's a difference between:
"What was Carolyn really like?"
and
"Was she a bitch?"
JESSEL!
Ma'am!
π
You skipped the appetizer and went directly to dessert.
There was no warm-up.
And once the Kennedy "curse" entered the conversation, Carole clearly wasn't interested in entertaining that kind of talk.
For Jessel, it may have been celebrity conversation.
For Carole, these were real people she knew and loved.
That's the disconnect.
And Carole's Delivery Made It Even Better
This is exactly why Carole can be dangerous on Housewives.
She doesn't always need to scream.
Carole's shade can sound like she's reviewing your term paper.
She'll calmly explain why she disagrees with you while simultaneously reading you down to your socks.
And suddenly you're sitting there wondering:
"Wait…did she just insult me?"
YES.
YES, SHE DID.
Carole saying Jessel gave her "dingbat vibes" was funny because it sounded almost harmless.
Almost.
It's the kind of insult your auntie uses when she doesn't want to cuss at Thanksgiving.
"Oh, don't pay him any attention. He's a dingbat."
Meanwhile, the entire table knows she just called that man a fool.
Jessel Actually Had Some Self-Awareness
Here's where things get interesting.
Jessel later acknowledged that watching the earlier conversation back made her feel bad about bombarding Carole with questions.
And I can respect that.
Because Housewives arguments usually go:
"I SAID WHAT I SAID!"
"You misunderstood me!"
"Production edited it!"
"Roll the footage!"
"I don't remember!"
So somebody actually saying, essentially, Maybe I could've handled that differently?
Look at growth trying to sneak into the Housewives universe!
Don't get too comfortable, though.
We still need mess.
But Let's Talk About That Word Again…
DINGBAT.
I'm sorry.
I'm not finished.
Of all the insults available in the English language, Carole reached into the Housewives Smithsonian Museum and pulled out dingbat.
That word has been waiting 40 years for its comeback.
Carole said we're not doing "idiot."
We're not doing "moron."
We're not doing "delusional."
We're going vintage.
DINGBAT.
Somewhere Archie Bunker just sat up.
π
And you already know Housewives fans are going to run with this.
The next time somebody says something ridiculous online:
"You're giving dingbat vibes."
The next time your friend dates the same terrible man again:
"Dingbat behavior."
The next time somebody orders $300 worth of food and suddenly can't find their wallet:
"DINGBAT!"
Carole might have accidentally given us a new Housewives vocabulary word.
This Is the RHONY I Want
I've said it before: Housewives doesn't always need screaming, glass throwing and people threatening to leave the show.
Sometimes all we need is personality.
Give me uncomfortable conversations.
Give me shade.
Give me somebody saying something completely inappropriate and another Housewife staring at them like:
"Did you really just say that?"
Give me petty arguments that shouldn't matter but somehow become the biggest storyline of the episode.
That's Housewives!
And Carole versus Jessel works because their personalities are so different.
Jessel will ask the question everybody else is thinking.
Carole will explain why the question should never have been asked.
Put those two personalities at the same dinner table with alcohol?
PRODUCTION, KEEP THE CAMERAS ROLLING.
Final Thoughts
Was Jessel trying to hurt Carole?
I don't think that was necessarily her intention.
But intention and impact aren't always the same thing.
Carole had a deeply personal relationship with people Jessel was discussing as pop-culture figures. That made the conversation much more sensitive than Jessel may have realized in the moment.
And Carole made it VERY clear where she stood.
But instead of turning it into a screaming match, she gave us one little word.
Dingbat.
Sometimes the quiet reads are the deadliest.
Now I need to hear from YOU!
Was Carole right to check Jessel?
Did Jessel cross the line with her Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy questions, or was she simply being curious?
Was "dingbat vibes" funny—or would YOU have been offended?
And most importantly:
Are we officially bringing the word DINGBAT back in 2026?! ππ
Drop your opinion in the comments because I know somebody is going to disagree, and that's exactly why we're here!
Share this post with your fellow RHONY watchers, and come back for more Housewives reviews, gossip, shade and reality-TV mess.
Because when those New York apples start rolling…
WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT! π☕
No comments:
Post a Comment