Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Dorothy Wang’s “I Do” Review: Rich, Romantic, Chaotic and Just Messy Enough πŸ‘°πŸ½‍♀️πŸ’πŸΎ

Dorothy Wang’s “I Do” Review: Rich, Romantic, Chaotic and Just Messy Enough πŸ‘°πŸ½‍♀️πŸ’πŸΎ


Dorothy Wang is back on our screens, and this time she is not arguing over dinner, throwing shade in Beverly Hills, or trying to survive another reality-TV friend group.

Baby, she is getting MARRIED.

And apparently, getting married Dorothy Wang-style means glamour, stress, luxury, tears, dresses, guest-list drama, vendors acting questionable, and enough wedding pressure to make an ordinary person cancel the whole thing and go down to City Hall.

Dorothy’s new five-part YouTube docuseries, Dorothy’s “I Do,” follows her journey with husband Brandon Yankowitz from their engagement through their extravagant destination wedding in Florence, Italy. The series premiered September 27 and is rolling out weekly on YouTube.

And after watching the beginning of this series, I have one question:

Dorothy, did you want a wedding or were you producing the Olympics?

Because there was a LOT going on.

Dorothy Is Still Dorothy — And Thank God

One thing I immediately liked about the show is that Dorothy still feels like Dorothy.

She has always had that personality where she can be glamorous, dramatic, funny and slightly over-the-top without appearing like she is trying too hard.

That personality works perfectly for a wedding show.

Dorothy described herself as a “recovering perfectionist,” and watching everything that goes into this wedding, you can understand why the stress starts creeping in. She and Brandon were planning a massive three-day destination celebration, and Dorothy has said they had roughly six months to pull everything together.

Six months?

I need six months just to decide what I am wearing to somebody else’s wedding.

Dorothy was picking dresses, planning food, working with vendors, organizing events and apparently trying to make every single detail perfect.

At some point you almost want to grab her through the television and say:

Dorothy, put the seating chart DOWN.

But that is also what makes the series entertaining.

Brandon Might Be the Calmest Man Alive

While Dorothy is worrying about approximately 75 things at once, Brandon seems completely calm.

Dorothy has even said that while she was losing sleep during the planning process, Brandon did not think wedding planning was nearly as stressful.

Sir.

Of course you didn’t.

That man looked like somebody who knew Dorothy had it handled.

Dorothy is mentally reorganizing Florence while Brandon is probably somewhere thinking, “Everything will be fine.”

And you know what?

Maybe every dramatic bride needs that person.

Because two Dorothys in one relationship would have had Florence evacuated.

The Money Is MONEYING

Let’s get into the part everybody is thinking about.

This wedding looks EXPENSIVE.

Not “we rented a nice ballroom at the Marriott” expensive.

I mean Florence, Italy, multiple events, designer dresses, celebrity guests and Saweetie at the afterparty expensive.

The celebration was held across several locations, including Collegio alla Querce and Palazzo Corsini, and the afterparty included DJ Devin Lucien and a performance by Saweetie. Guests reportedly included Nicky Hilton, Sai De Silva, Tina Leung, Lilly Ghalichi, Farrah Aldjufrie and Tinx.

Meanwhile, I am watching like:

“Okay Dorothy, so what was the BUDGET?”

Because reality television fans are nosy.

We need numbers.

Don’t show me 900 flowers, 17 dresses and a palace and then expect me not to ask questions.

But Everything Wasn’t Champagne and Roses

This is where the show gets interesting.

Because if the entire series were simply beautiful dresses and rich people drinking champagne in Italy, I probably would have gotten bored.

Pretty is nice.

Drama is better.

Dorothy has talked publicly about wedding planning involving unexpected problems, including vendor issues and even having to disinvite guests. She said the process taught her to be careful about who you work with in the wedding industry.

Now HOLD ON.

You disinvited people?

See, this is when my reality-TV antenna went up.

Because there is regular wedding drama and then there is “you are no longer invited to Florence” drama.

Imagine already buying your outfit.

You bought your shoes.

You started practicing your little wedding toast.

Then your phone rings:

“Hello?”

“Unfortunately…”

BABY.

I would need an explanation.

I Love That It’s on YouTube

One thing Dorothy deserves credit for is bringing this project directly to YouTube.

You don’t need another streaming subscription.

You don’t need to sign up for another app.

You don’t need to remember another password.

Just go to YouTube and watch.

For longtime Dorothy fans who remember Rich Kids of Beverly Hills and Bling Empire: New York, this almost feels like getting invited back into her life again — except now she has more control over the story.

The series is being produced through Dorothy and Brandon’s production company, Chez Yankowitz, with producer Gennifer Gardiner, who previously worked with Dorothy on Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.

That probably explains why the show still has that polished reality-TV feeling instead of looking like somebody recorded a wedding vlog on their phone.

Is It Messy Enough?

Now you know me.

I like MESS.

Give me an argument.

Give me somebody whispering in the bathroom.

Give me somebody getting kicked off the guest list.

Give me a bridesmaid saying, “I wasn’t going to say anything, BUT…”

So far, Dorothy’s “I Do” gives us drama, but this is not some screaming, table-flipping reality show.

And honestly?

That works here.

Dorothy doesn’t need to manufacture chaos.

Wedding planning creates chaos naturally.

Anybody who has planned a large event knows one wrong vendor, one missing chair or one family member acting crazy can turn a beautiful day into The Real Housewives of Florence.

Dorothy Knows What Fans Want

What I appreciate most is that Dorothy understands people have followed her life for years.

She could have simply posted ten wedding photos on Instagram and disappeared.

Instead, she filmed the process.

She has called this her most intimate and authentic project, and she has said that “nothing was off-limits” during filming.

That makes me curious about what is coming next.

Because when somebody on reality television tells me nothing is off-limits, I immediately start looking around like:

Okay…so WHO fell out?

Final Thoughts

So far, I’m enjoying Dorothy’s “I Do.”

It is glamorous without being completely boring.

It is dramatic without feeling like everybody is performing for a reality-TV check.

And most importantly, Dorothy still has the same personality that made people watch her years ago.

This series also proves something else: reality personalities do not necessarily need Bravo, Netflix or E! anymore.

If you already have an audience, YouTube can become your network.

Dorothy basically said, “I have the story, I have the footage, I have the fans — let me put my own show out.”

And I LOVE that.

Now I’m waiting for the mess.

Because beautiful wedding dresses are great.

Florence is gorgeous.

Love is wonderful.

But if somebody gets removed from that guest list?

Dorothy, roll the footage.

LET’S TALK! πŸ‘€

Are you watching Dorothy’s “I Do” on YouTube?

Do you like seeing Dorothy back on reality TV?

Do you think the wedding planning is glamorous — or stressful enough to make you run straight to the courthouse?

And most importantly:

Would you spend all that money on a huge destination wedding, or would you take the money and buy a house instead?

Get in the comments because I KNOW everybody has an opinion.

And if you watched Episodes 1 and 2, tell me your favorite moment so far.

Let’s get messy. πŸΏπŸ’

No comments:

Post a Comment

RHONY: The Ladies Are Finally at Peace… So Why Am I Bored? And Why Am I Still Watching? πŸ˜‚πŸŽ

RHONY: The Ladies Are Finally at Peace… So Why Am I Bored? And Why Am I Still Watching? πŸ˜‚πŸŽ Okay, RHONY, we need to have a lit...