I’m Trying Field Agent: Can I Actually Make Money With This App?
Can a phone app really put extra money in my pocket, or is this another one of those “make money from your phone” situations that sounds better than it pays?
Well, I’m about to find out.
I’ve been looking at different ways to make some extra income without committing to a traditional nine-to-five job. One app that caught my attention is Field Agent, a platform that pays people to complete assignments for companies and retailers.
So instead of just talking about it, I decided to try it myself.
I’m going to see exactly how much money I can make.
And yes, I’m going to be honest about the results.
What Is Field Agent?
Field Agent is an app where companies post small assignments that people can complete in the real world.
Some jobs involve going into a store, checking a product, taking pictures, answering questions, checking prices, or looking for specific products.
Basically, you become somebody's eyes and ears inside the store.
Sounds easy enough, right?
Well… we’re going to see about that.
Because there's a big difference between seeing a job advertised for $8 and actually putting $8 in your pocket after transportation, time and effort.
That's what I really want to find out.
I’m Not Expecting To Get Rich
Let's be realistic.
I'm not downloading Field Agent thinking I'm going to wake up tomorrow with $5,000 in my bank account.
That's not the experiment.
I'm looking at this as extra income.
If I can make $5 here, $10 there, $20 on another day and slowly build that into something useful, then maybe the app is worth my time.
But if I'm spending more money getting to assignments than I'm making?
Houston, we have a problem.
And that's exactly why I'm going to keep track of everything.
The Real Question: How Much Can I Actually Make?
This is the part that interests me the most.
People online love talking about side hustles.
Everybody is making money.
Everybody has a secret.
Everybody supposedly makes hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Meanwhile, sometimes you download the app and discover there are three jobs available, they're 14 miles away, and one pays $4.
Girl, bye!
That's why I'm approaching Field Agent differently.
I'm going to test it.
I'm going to see what jobs are available.
I'm going to complete the assignments I can realistically get to.
And then I'm going to calculate my actual earnings.
Not fantasy money.
Real money.
Transportation Matters
Here's something people don't always mention when they talk about these apps: transportation.
If I make $8 doing a Field Agent assignment but spend $15 getting there, I didn't make $8.
I lost money.
That's why I'm going to pay attention to where the assignments are located.
If an assignment is close to me or somewhere I already need to go, that's much more attractive.
If I have to spend a bunch of money on transportation just to complete a small assignment, I'm probably going to pass.
The goal is to make money, not donate my money to the transportation company.
I'm Starting Small
I'm not going to jump into every assignment I see.
First, I want to understand how the app works.
What does a typical assignment require?
How long does it take?
How difficult are the instructions?
How quickly are submissions approved?
How much does each assignment actually pay?
Those are the questions I'm going to answer.
I also want to figure out which types of assignments I like best.
Maybe I'll discover that I enjoy checking products.
Maybe mystery shopping will be my thing.
Maybe I'll hate all of it.
That's the beauty of an experiment.
I'm Keeping Track of My Money
I'm going to keep a running total.
For example:
Field Agent Experiment
Week 1
Jobs completed: ___
Gross earnings: $___
Transportation: $___
Other expenses: $___
Actual profit: $___
Week 2
Jobs completed: ___
Gross earnings: $___
Transportation: $___
Other expenses: $___
Actual profit: $___
At the end, I'll be able to look at the numbers and decide whether this is actually worth continuing.
Because $50 in earnings doesn't mean much if I spent $45 getting around town.
What Would Make This Worth It?
For me, Field Agent doesn't have to replace a regular income.
If I could consistently make some additional money each week without spending a fortune to do it, I'd consider that a win.
Maybe it's $25 a week.
Maybe $50.
Maybe $100.
I don't know yet.
And that's the whole point.
I'm going to find out.
The Good, The Bad and The Messy
I'm also not going to pretend every assignment is going to be perfect.
There may be assignments that take longer than expected.
There may be confusing instructions.
There may be jobs that disappear before I can claim them.
There may be assignments that aren't worth the trip.
And there may be days when I open the app and say:
“That's it?!”
But that's real life.
Side hustles aren't always glamorous.
Sometimes making extra money means walking into a store, checking something on a shelf, taking pictures and answering questions.
It might not make for a glamorous Instagram post, but if it puts money in my account, I'm listening.
I'm Calling This My Field Agent Experiment
So this is officially an experiment.
I'm going to give Field Agent a real try.
I'm not going to judge it based on somebody else's YouTube video.
I'm not going to judge it based on somebody else's income.
I'm going to judge it based on my experience.
How many jobs can I find?
How much can I earn?
How much time does it take?
How much do I spend getting to the assignments?
And most importantly:
Is the money actually worth the effort?
That's what we're going to find out.
Follow Along With Me
I'm going to update this blog as I complete assignments.
If I make $7, I'll tell you.
If I make $50, I'll tell you.
If I make $100, I'll definitely tell you.
And if I make absolutely nothing?
Yep.
I'll tell you that too.
Because I'm tired of side-hustle stories where everybody supposedly makes a fortune.
I want to know what happens when an actual person downloads the app and starts from zero.
So here we go.
Field Agent, let's see what you've got.
I'm officially starting the experiment.
How much money will I make?
Stay tuned.
And if you've tried Field Agent yourself, leave a comment and tell me how much you've made. Was it worth your time? Did you find good assignments? Or did you delete the app after five minutes?
Let's compare notes.
Follow the blog for my Field Agent income updates because we're about to find out if this app is actually a side hustle—or just another app taking up space on my phone!
No comments:
Post a Comment