Bingeworthy Said He Never Watched A Different World — Justin Diego, Please Report to Hillman College Immediately! π
Now, wait a minute.
I was minding my business when I heard something that made me stop, look at the screen, and ask one very important question:
BINGEWORTHY, YOU NEVER WATCHED A DIFFERENT WORLD?!
Justin Diego, we need to talk.
Because you can give us the tea on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. You can break down Kandi, Porsha, Kenya, Phaedra and everybody else holding a peach. You can analyze a reality-TV argument like you're presenting evidence before the Supreme Court.
But you're telling me you somehow missed Hillman College?
Sir!
You Know All That Housewives History but Missed Hillman? π
A Different World originally aired from 1987 to 1993, becoming one of the defining Black sitcoms of its era.
And Bingeworthy says he didn't watch it?
Justin, how did this happen?
You can probably remember who fell out with whom during an old season of RHOA, who unfollowed somebody on Instagram, who threw shade at the reunion and who supposedly wasn't invited to somebody's event.
But Whitley Gilbert and Dwayne Wayne didn't make the viewing schedule?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
I'm not even mad. I'm fascinated.
This man has spent years studying reality television like he's working toward a Ph.D. in Housewives Studies, yet apparently never enrolled for one semester at Hillman College.
Enrollment is still open, Justin. π
Let Me Find Out Bingeworthy Has Been Living in a Different World
Maybe that's why they called the show A Different World.
Because apparently Justin was living in one!
While some of us remember Whitley walking around Hillman acting like she personally owned the campus, Justin was somewhere doing something completely different.
And let's talk about Whitley Gilbert.
Whitley could have been a Housewife!
The attitude?
Check.
The fashions?
Check.
The dramatic entrances?
Check.
The ability to turn a simple conversation into a full-blown event?
DOUBLE CHECK.
Put Whitley Gilbert at a Housewives reunion and Andy Cohen wouldn't even have to ask questions. Whitley would take over the reunion herself.
And Freddie?
Baby, Freddie would have been on social media posting inspirational quotes five minutes after arguing with somebody.
Dwayne Wayne would be sitting there adjusting those flip-up glasses wondering how he got dragged into the mess.
But Seriously, Bingeworthy Has Homework
Justin, I'm assigning homework.
Start from the beginning.
And don't watch two episodes and come back talking about, "I don't know if I can get into it."
NO.
We need commitment.
You have sat through enough questionable reality television over the years. If you can survive seasons where the biggest storyline is somebody arguing over who got invited to dinner, you can make time for A Different World.
And don't skip around looking for the messiest episodes either.
I know how you reality-TV people operate!
Watch the characters grow.
Watch Dwayne.
Watch Whitley.
Watch Freddie.
Watch Ron.
Watch Kim.
Watch Mr. Gaines.
And then come back and give us the Bingeworthy review.
Actually, I want a full recap.
Thumbnail and everything:
"I FINALLY WATCHED A DIFFERENT WORLD AND I HAVE THOUGHTS!"
I'd click immediately.
I Can't Be the Only One Shocked
What really gets me is that Bingeworthy isn't alone.
I've recently discovered there are people walking among us who have never watched A Different World.
Where have y'all been?
Now, obviously, everybody didn't grow up watching the same television shows. Some people weren't born yet, some households watched different things, and younger viewers are discovering older Black television today.
That's perfectly understandable.
But it's still funny when somebody who knows television and pop culture says, "I've never seen it."
Especially BINGEWORTHY.
Justin, you know too much about everybody else's television business to have this big of a hole in your rΓ©sumΓ©! π
Imagine Bingeworthy Reviewing Hillman Like Housewives
This is the review I need.
"Whitley came into this episode already activated."
"Dwayne needs to decide what he wants."
"Ron is being messy."
"Freddie, stay out of these people's business!"
"Now why did Whitley say THAT?"
"And that's when I realized...Hillman College is a MESS."
Now THAT would be Bingeworthy.
I could already hear the commentary.
And honestly, watching someone discover the show for the first time could be entertaining because they'd be watching it without all the nostalgia some of us have.
Some things may hit differently in 2026.
Some storylines may feel surprisingly current.
Others might have you saying, "Oh, honey, that definitely came from 1989."
And that's part of the fun.
Justin Diego, Your Hillman Application Has Been Submitted
So, Bingeworthy, this is all love and shade.
But I'm going to need you to correct this situation.
You've covered enough peaches.
It's time for Hillman.
Put down the Housewives tea for a few hours, get comfortable, and meet Whitley Gilbert.
Although, come to think of it, maybe Justin should start with Whitley because she might be the perfect bridge between A Different World and reality television.
She had opinions.
She had fashion.
She had drama.
She had one-liners.
And she certainly knew how to make a scene.
Sound familiar?
Exactly.
Now I Need to Hear From Everybody Else
Here's the million-dollar question:
Did YOU watch A Different World when it originally aired from 1987 to 1993, did you discover it years later, or have you NEVER watched it like Bingeworthy?
And Bingeworthy, I'm watching you. π
We need that first-time review.
Because somebody who can dissect years of Real Housewives of Atlanta drama can certainly spend a little time at Hillman College.
Class is officially in session.
CTA
Drop your answer in the comments:
TEAM "I GREW UP WATCHING IT"
or
TEAM "I'VE NEVER SEEN IT."
And somebody please send Bingeworthy his Hillman College orientation packet.
Because Justin Diego has some catching up to do! π☕πΊ
#ADifferentWorld #Bingeworthy #JustinDiego #HillmanCollege #BlackTV #ClassicTV #TVThrowback #RealityTV #RHOA #PopCultureI
No comments:
Post a Comment