Baby, Dorothy Wang said if television isn’t going to give me a show, I’ll make my OWN show!
And you know what? I’m here for it.
If you remember Dorothy Wang from Rich Kids of Beverly Hills or Bling Empire: New York, then you already know Dorothy has never exactly lived a quiet little life. She gave us money, fashion, fabulous vacations, friendships, drama, opinions, and enough luxury to make the rest of us look at our bank accounts and immediately close the app.
Now Dorothy is entering another chapter of her life, and instead of keeping it private, she’s bringing the cameras along.
Her new five-part wedding docuseries, Dorothy’s “I Do”, is set to premiere on YouTube on September 27, 2026.
Yes, YouTube!
Not Bravo.
Not Netflix.
Not Peacock.
YOUTUBE!
And as somebody who has been creating content on YouTube for years, I find this move very interesting.
Dorothy Said, “I’ll Create My Own Platform”
This is what really caught my attention.
Dorothy already has reality television experience. People know her name. She has an audience. So instead of sitting around waiting for another network to decide whether her life is interesting enough for television, she's using a platform where she can connect directly with viewers.
That's a lesson for content creators.
Sometimes we spend too much time waiting for somebody else to give us an opportunity.
Waiting for a network.
Waiting for a publisher.
Waiting for a record label.
Waiting for a company.
Waiting for somebody to discover us.
Meanwhile, YouTube is sitting right there saying, UPLOAD THE VIDEO!
Dorothy apparently understood the assignment.
Welcome to Dorothy's Wedding Era
Dorothy married Brandon Yankowitz after getting engaged in October 2024, and their wedding took place in Florence, Italy, in October 2025.
Florence?!
Baby, I can't even get everybody to agree on which restaurant we're going to for dinner.
Dorothy said we're going to ITALY!
And you already know this wasn't going to be some folding-chairs-in-the-backyard situation.
We're talking Dorothy Wang.
If Dorothy is getting married in Florence, I expect flowers everywhere, fabulous clothes, expensive food, beautiful scenery and somebody somewhere having a meltdown because something didn't arrive on time.
Apparently, we're getting some of that drama too.
The series isn't supposed to show only the beautiful Instagram-ready moments. Dorothy has teased some of the chaos that happened behind the scenes while planning the wedding.
And THAT is what I want to see.
Because anybody can post the perfect wedding picture.
Give me the story behind the picture!
People Got Disinvited?!
Now hold on.
One of the details surrounding the series that immediately caught my attention was talk about guests getting disinvited.
Excuse me?!
Imagine buying your outfit.
Getting your passport together.
Looking at flights.
Telling everybody, "I'm going to Dorothy Wang's wedding!"
Then your phone rings.
"Hey...so...about that invitation."
BABY!
I need details.
Who got removed?
Why?
What happened?
Was there an argument?
Did somebody say something they weren't supposed to say?
Did somebody bring the wrong energy?
Because you don't just remove somebody from an international wedding guest list for forgetting to like an Instagram picture.
There has to be a STORY.
And if Dorothy is giving us that story, I will be watching.
The Glamour Is Great, But Give Me the Mess
I love beautiful weddings.
I love seeing the clothes.
I love seeing the decorations.
I love seeing people living lifestyles I may never experience.
But let's be honest.
We're reality television fans.
We need a little mess.
I don't want five episodes of everybody saying:
"This is beautiful."
"You look gorgeous."
"The flowers are amazing."
"I'm so happy for you."
NO!
Somebody better be mad about a seating chart.
Somebody's dress better be late.
Somebody better be crying in a bathroom.
Somebody's invitation better mysteriously disappear.
Give me something!
Dorothy has suggested that the series will show the stress, difficult decisions, vendor issues and emotional moments behind putting together such a major wedding.
Now THAT sounds like reality television.
But It's Not Technically Television
And that's another reason I'm interested.
The entertainment world has changed.
Years ago, getting your own reality show meant convincing a television network to put you on the schedule.
Today?
You can create your own series.
Dorothy and Brandon have even launched their own production company, Chez Yankowitz, which is involved with the project.
That's bigger than simply starting a YouTube channel.
That's ownership.
Dorothy isn't only appearing in somebody else's reality show anymore. She's helping create and produce content around her own life.
That's a smart evolution for somebody who has spent years in reality television.
Could More Reality Stars Start Doing This?
This is the question I'm asking.
What happens if Dorothy's “I Do” becomes successful?
Other reality stars might start looking at YouTube differently.
Instead of waiting two years for Bravo, Netflix, Peacock or another network to call, why not produce a limited series yourself?
A former Housewife could do it.
A former Love Island contestant could do it.
A Married at First Sight couple could do it.
You don't necessarily need 20 episodes.
Give viewers five good episodes.
Tell a complete story.
Build anticipation.
Release one episode every week.
And suddenly you've created your own mini reality show.
That's basically what Dorothy is doing.
And I'm Taking Notes
As a content creator myself, I'm paying attention to this part.
Sometimes YouTube creators think every upload has to be somebody sitting in front of a camera talking.
It doesn't.
You can create a SERIES.
Episode 1.
Episode 2.
Episode 3.
Give people a reason to come back.
Dorothy already has celebrity recognition and resources that the average creator doesn't have, obviously. But the basic idea can still apply to smaller creators.
You don't have to copy her budget.
Copy the STRUCTURE.
Create something viewers can follow.
Dorothy Wang Has Come a Long Way
Think about where we first met Dorothy.
She was one of the wealthy young personalities on Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, living an extravagant lifestyle and giving viewers plenty to talk about.
Then she appeared on Bling Empire: New York.
Now she's married, producing content and entering a completely different chapter.
That's what makes this project interesting beyond the wedding itself.
We're watching someone evolve.
And whether you loved Dorothy, couldn't stand Dorothy, or simply enjoyed watching her lifestyle, you have to admit she knows how to keep people interested in what she's doing.
Will I Be Watching?
YES.
I want to see Florence.
I want to see the wedding.
I want to see the outfits.
I want to see Brandon.
I want to see the planning.
And most importantly...
I WANT TO KNOW WHO GOT DISINVITED!
Don't tease me with wedding guest drama and then expect me not to ask questions.
Dorothy, roll the footage!
The Reality Rundown
Dorothy's “I Do” premieres September 27 on YouTube, and this could be an interesting experiment in what reality television looks like outside traditional television.
Dorothy Wang isn't waiting for somebody else to document her next chapter.
She's doing it herself.
And there might be a lesson in that for all of us creators.
Sometimes the opportunity you're waiting for isn't coming through the front door.
Sometimes you have to create your own door, turn on the camera and hit UPLOAD.
Now let's see whether Dorothy gives us the fabulous wedding fairy tale...
or five episodes of rich people arguing in Italy.
Personally?
I'm hoping for BOTH.
CALL TO ACTION
Are you watching Dorothy's “I Do” when it premieres on YouTube?
Do you think more former reality stars should skip traditional television and produce their own YouTube shows?
And most importantly — WHO DO YOU THINK GOT DISINVITED FROM THIS WEDDING?!
Drop your thoughts in the comments, share this post with another reality-TV fan, and keep checking The Reality Rundown because you already know we're going to have something to say when those episodes start dropping!
The Reality Rundown — where reality TV gets reviewed, questioned, laughed at, and occasionally dragged!
No comments:
Post a Comment