I Want 1,000 YouTube Subscribers — And I'm Starting With Just My Phone
I have a goal: I want 1,000 YouTube subscribers.
But I'm not trying to turn this into something complicated.
I don't have to buy a $2,000 camera. I don't need a professional studio. I don't need ten people working behind the scenes.
I have a phone, ideas, opinions, and something to say.
And that's where I'm starting.
My Phone Is My Camera
One thing that can stop creators before they even begin is thinking they need expensive equipment.
I'm keeping it simple.
I'm going to use my phone.
Find a quiet place. Clean the camera lens. Sit near a window or somewhere with good lighting. Put the phone somewhere steady.
Hit record.
That's it.
The most important thing is giving people something worth watching.
How Long Should My YouTube Videos Be?
I'm going to start by aiming for around 8 to 15 minutes for many of my regular videos.
If I have a bigger topic, I can make a 20-minute video.
If I'm doing a big reality-TV recap or discussion, maybe it's 30 minutes.
And if I go live, I could talk for an hour if people are watching and participating.
But I'm learning something important:
Longer doesn't automatically mean better.
If I only have five interesting minutes of material, I'd rather make a good five-minute video than spend 25 minutes repeating myself.
The goal is to keep people watching.
What Am I Going to Talk About?
This part should actually be easy because I already have interests.
I love talking about reality television, entertainment, celebrities, music, fashion and pop culture.
That's content!
I could turn on my phone and say:
“Okay, did anybody else see that episode last night? Because we need to TALK!”
There's my video.
I can review an episode.
I can give my opinion about a reality star.
I can discuss something happening in entertainment.
I can talk about an old-school R&B singer or album.
I can tell a personal story.
I can make a Top 5 list.
I can even make a video called “5 Reality Shows I'm Watching Right Now.”
Not every video needs to be a Hollywood production.
Sometimes people just want an interesting person with an interesting opinion.
How Am I Going to Get 1,000 Subscribers?
I'm not going to sit around waiting for 1,000 people to magically appear.
I'm going to work toward them one subscriber at a time.
If somebody enjoys one of my videos, I want to remind them:
“If you enjoyed this conversation, subscribe because I'm talking reality TV and entertainment every week.”
That gives them a reason to subscribe.
I also need to give people a reason to return.
That's why I'm thinking about a simple schedule.
Monday: Reality-TV review
Wednesday: Entertainment or celebrity discussion
Friday: Reality TV, music or pop-culture video
Weekend: Optional livestream or weekly recap
That's manageable.
Three strong videos every week is better for me than uploading ten rushed videos that nobody finishes watching.
Shorts Can Help Me Find New People
I'm not forgetting about YouTube Shorts.
I can take one interesting thought and make a quick Short.
For example:
“I have one question about last night's episode…”
Then I give my opinion.
At the end, I can tell people that my full review is on my channel.
Now the Short has a job.
It's not just another random upload.
It's helping people discover my longer content.
I'm Going to Stop Chasing Perfection
This may be the biggest lesson.
I don't need every video to be perfect.
Some videos might get 20 views.
Another might get 75.
One might suddenly get 500.
And eventually, one could get thousands.
I won't know until I post.
Instead of asking myself:
“Is this video perfect?”
I'm going to ask:
“Would I watch this?”
If the answer is yes, I'm posting it.
My 1,000 Subscriber Challenge
I'm giving myself a simple challenge.
Post consistently.
Talk about subjects I actually enjoy.
Make better titles.
Create thumbnails people can understand.
Keep my videos interesting.
Ask viewers questions.
Reply to comments.
And tell viewers to subscribe.
I'm not trying to become MrBeast overnight.
I'm trying to build my audience.
Ten subscribers become 20.
Twenty become 50.
Fifty become 100.
Then 250.
Then 500.
And eventually:
1,000 subscribers.
I'm doing it with the equipment I already have.
My phone. My voice. My personality. My opinions.
That's enough to start.
Your Turn
Are you trying to reach 1,000 YouTube subscribers too?
What is stopping you from posting?
Drop your answer in the comments.
And if you're already growing a channel, share one thing that helped you get more subscribers.
The road to 1,000 starts with pressing RECORD.
No comments:
Post a Comment