Saturday, October 3, 2026

I Unfollowed After My Comments Kept Disappearing — If You Can’t Take the Heat, Get Out the Kitchen

I Unfollowed After My Comments Kept Disappearing — If You Can’t Take the Heat, Get Out the Kitchen

Chile, sometimes you have to know when to hit that UNFOLLOW button and keep it moving.

I’ve been watching Tracy Jvmea’s The Gay Is Just Expecting on YouTube, and normally I enjoy hearing different opinions. That’s the whole reason I watch commentary channels in the first place. I don’t need everybody on YouTube agreeing with me.

Where would the fun be in that?

But something happened in the comments that rubbed me the wrong way.

The conversation was about celebrity stylist Law Roach, and I disagreed with what was being said about his career. From what I understood, the argument was basically questioning how big of a stylist Law really is because he doesn’t appear to be styling a huge number of celebrities at the same time.

And I thought:

Wait a minute. What does the number of clients have to do with whether somebody is successful at their job?

So I left a comment.

Nothing crazy.

Nothing threatening.

Nothing disrespectful.

I simply disagreed.

And apparently my comment disappeared.

So I commented again.

And from what I could see, that one disappeared too.

Now chile…

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

At that point, I’m sitting there looking at my phone like:

“Are we having a discussion or are we holding auditions for the Yes Ma’am Choir?”

Because there is a difference.

LET’S TALK ABOUT LAW ROACH

My point about Law Roach was actually very simple.

Success as a stylist isn’t necessarily about having 25 celebrity clients running around Hollywood at the same time.

Sometimes having a smaller roster of major clients who continue working with you for YEARS says more about your talent than having 50 people who work with you once and disappear.

That was my argument.

You don't have to agree with it.

Tracy doesn't have to agree with it.

The audience doesn't have to agree with it.

But that's what makes a comment section interesting!

One person says:

“I don't think Law is all that.”

Another person says:

“Baby, Law is THAT GIRL.”

Then somebody else jumps in:

“Well, I like his work with this celebrity, but I didn't like that outfit he put on somebody else.”

Now we have a conversation!

That's what commentary is supposed to be.

Everybody doesn't have to sit around the internet nodding their heads like dashboard bobbleheads.

YES!

EXACTLY!

YOU'RE RIGHT!

I AGREE!

Chile, NO!

Sometimes I'm going to disagree with you.

And guess what?

Sometimes you're going to disagree with ME.

I DON'T EXPECT EVERYBODY TO AGREE WITH ME EITHER

I have been creating content myself for years.

I've done YouTube.

I've written blogs.

I've posted opinions.

I've talked about reality television, celebrities, music and entertainment.

People have disagreed with me plenty of times.

And some of them disagree LOUDLY.

πŸ˜‚

That's social media.

If you're putting opinions on a public platform, people are going to have opinions about your opinions.

Now obviously there are limits.

If somebody is threatening you, harassing you, using slurs or repeatedly attacking people personally, that's different.

Delete it.

Block them.

Protect your space.

But disagreement?

Baby, that's the INTERNET.

And my comment wasn't meant to attack Tracy personally.

I was talking about the SUBJECT.

Law Roach.

Fashion.

Styling.

Celebrity clients.

That's it.

THEN MY COMMENTS STARTED DISAPPEARING

Here's where I got irritated.

After posting my opinion, I noticed my comments weren't staying up.

I don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes. YouTube can filter comments, creators can moderate them, and sometimes comments disappear for reasons viewers don't know.

But from my side of the screen, I posted my opinion and then couldn't see it anymore.

So after it happened more than once, I made my decision.

UNFOLLOW.

Not because Tracy disagreed with me.

That's perfectly fine.

I unfollowed because I didn't see the point of continuing to participate in a community where I felt like my respectful disagreement wasn't welcome.

I'm 58 years old.

I'm not about to spend my afternoon fighting with a YouTube comment section.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Baby, I have blogs to write.

Books to promote.

Videos to make.

Music to work on.

Reality TV mess to discuss.

I don't have time to keep reposting the same comment trying to figure out where it went.

IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT…

There's an old saying:

If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen.

And social media is definitely a kitchen.

Sometimes that kitchen gets HOT.

When you give strong opinions, somebody is going to challenge them.

That doesn't automatically mean the person is a hater.

Sometimes they just think you're wrong!

Imagine that!

πŸ˜‚

We have gotten into this strange place on social media where some people seem to think disagreement equals disrespect.

It doesn't.

I can disagree with your opinion and still watch you.

I can disagree with your fashion review and still like your personality.

I can disagree with your celebrity commentary and still think you're entertaining.

That's what adults do.

AND I'M NOT CALLING FOR ANYBODY TO ATTACK THEM

Let me make something VERY clear because the internet loves turning a disagreement into World War III.

I am NOT telling anybody to go over to Tracy's channel and attack anybody.

Don't do that.

This is simply me explaining my experience and my decision.

They have every right to run their YouTube channel however they choose.

And guess what?

I have every right to decide what I watch.

That's the beauty of the internet.

They can moderate their channel.

I can unsubscribe.

Everybody goes home happy!

πŸ˜‚

There are MILLIONS of YouTube channels.

If one environment isn't for me anymore, I move along.

No petition.

No protest.

No dramatic press conference.

Just:

CLICK. UNFOLLOW. GOODBYE.

AND I STILL STAND BY MY LAW ROACH OPINION

And after all of this?

I still stand by the original point.

I don't judge a stylist's success simply by counting how many celebrities they're styling this week.

Longevity matters.

Relationships matter.

Influence matters.

The work matters.

If somebody has clients who trust them enough to continue working with them over the years, that says something.

You can disagree.

That's okay!

See how easy that was?

Nobody had to delete anything.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

FINAL THOUGHTS

I didn't stop watching because somebody had a different opinion about Law Roach.

I stopped watching because after my comments repeatedly disappeared, I no longer felt like participating.

Simple.

No beef.

No war.

No campaign.

I just took my view somewhere else.

Because viewers have choices too.

Content creators decide what happens on their platforms, and viewers decide where they spend their time.

That's the relationship.

And sometimes the healthiest response isn't arguing for three days underneath a YouTube video.

Sometimes you simply say:

“This space isn't for me anymore.”

Then you hit unfollow and keep it moving.

Now I want to hear from YOU.

Have you ever unfollowed a YouTube creator because you felt like respectful disagreement wasn't welcome?

And what do you think about my original Law Roach argument?

Does a stylist need a huge list of celebrity clients to prove they're successful, or is having loyal, long-term clients enough?

Sound off in the comments.

Just remember:

We can disagree without deleting each other from the conversation.

And chile…

If my opinion is too hot for the kitchen?

I'll happily take my plate somewhere else. πŸ˜‚πŸ½️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morgan Stewart and Dorothy Wang’s Wedding: Where Was Morgan? πŸ‘€πŸ’☕

Morgan Stewart and Dorothy Wang’s Wedding: Where Was Morgan? πŸ‘€πŸ’☕ Okay, now I have ANOTHER question about Dorothy Wang’s wedd...